The 2008–2009 Wikimedia Foundation Annual Report covers the previous fiscal year (July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009) with a look-ahead to the next. This is our second annual report. The Wikimedia Foundation Annual Report is a summary of the organization's financials, program activities, milestones and accomplishments.
* Launch of Wikimedia's Usability Initiative
* Wikimedia joins the Creative Commons
* Wikimania conference in Alexandria, Egypt
* Wikimedia's open strategy planning process begins
* Successful fundraising and expansion of core operations
Michael Levy introduces Relationship Science (RelSci) in the first part of his review of this business intelligence database which mixes "who you know" with who the "movers and shakers" know. Over 3 million executives and 1 million organisations are included in this resource aimed at investors, wealth managers, fund raisers and consultants.
Brandwatch is a fast-growing, UK-based company which provides a highly sophisticated social media monitoring and analysis tool. Chris Porter looks at how this new-generation software solution makes use of some very familiar information skills.