The 2008–2009 Wikimedia Foundation Annual Report covers the previous fiscal year (July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009) with a look-ahead to the next. This is our second annual report. The Wikimedia Foundation Annual Report is a summary of the organization's financials, program activities, milestones and accomplishments.
* Launch of Wikimedia's Usability Initiative
* Wikimedia joins the Creative Commons
* Wikimania conference in Alexandria, Egypt
* Wikimedia's open strategy planning process begins
* Successful fundraising and expansion of core operations
In the final section of her review Sophie Alexander looks at how Infotrieve's Mobile Library can reduce an organisation's annual content budget by providing detailed usage data via the new Executive Dashboard, as well as investigating the cost effectiveness of its "just in time" document delivery service.